Cash Discount Program
The Cash Discount Program charges the cardholder a surcharge of (on average) between 3.5% and 3.99% when using a credit card versus a traditional payment method (cash or check). The merchant receives a deposit of the gross sale amount minus the surcharge (and assessments if applicable). Merchant then only pays a flat monthly fee at the end of the month.
- A cash discount is applied to transactions for customers who pay with cash.
- The program can be customized. A merchant can choose to only pass part of the discount rate through to their cardholders (i.e. the merchant pays 2% and charges their cardholders 2%) or eliminate their monthly transaction fees altogether by charging cardholders the full amount.
- Merchants in the tip industry pay the Cash Discount rate on tip amounts. They can choose to charge the Servers a percentage of tips paid to them with credit cards, or absorb this cost since their credit card processing costs are nearly eliminated with this program implemented.
What are some of the benefits to Cash Discount?
- With the Cash Discount program, there is no longer a need to have a minimum purchase price.
- With one low, flat amount, cash or credit, you will keep 100% of the sale!
- The transaction total is charged as one amount on the cardholder statement. This reduces questions from cardholders and prevents chargebacks for unrecognized transactions.
- Cash Discount eliminates all the processing costs.
- There is no need to increase the costs of goods and services to make up for lost profit for credit card processing costs, which is unfair to customers.
- Easy to read statement for merchants.
- Locked in rate that does not move.
Enter your details for quick approval and financial flexibility.